Thursday 13 August 2009

Bad News Eases Presure on the USD

That catalyst I mentioned previously killed off all my positions - but in healthy if not excessive profit; my trading platform got very laggy as the data came out and I had a rough time closing out my positions in time to rescue my profits. I didn't catch the best of it as the drop was nasty and sharp, but I did manage to move my account size up by another big figure which takes care of July's monthly goal; I am now a couple weeks behind on my summer goal schedule due partly to a bad RAM problem with my PC, and couple of weeks where I could not bring myself to trade so I could work on some of my trading discipline issues.

Although I am sure that the market will rally post-fix, and I'll be kicking myself for ending the day early, but I have a reluctance to buy into risk at these elevated levels when the shorts now have some ammunition with a string of bad data including the lousy Retail Sales figure. As I figured, they were waiting for the opportunity to strike. If I'm really lucky, the price will be pushed down to more buyable figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment