Thursday 16 August 2012

First $1000 Week In a Long Time

This week is a bit of a milestone, but I have been here before. This time, I will do what I did not do the last time I reached this goal: I will stop to smell the roses, as they say. When I started trading, I came up with a series of goals, one that stands out in my mind from several years ago, aside from the Aston Martin I wanted, was to build a $500 trading account into a $5000 trading account, in a period of 6 months through successful trades. I was doing this full time, living in my father's basement, and unemployed so I had not much else to do at the time. I dived into the markets, I researched, I lived, breathed and slept trading; yes I even had dreams where I was trading.

The end result was that I did reach that goal in approximately six months, but the problem was that I broke a few rules to get there and I did not know how to behave once I reached that mountain top. Well, I kept going, and I kept taking risks without proper analysis and I got into a series of trades that broke my account pretty much right back down to 500 or 600 dollars but I would need to check my monthly statements to confirm the exact amount. I climbed up to the top of the mountain and ran right over the peak and went down to were I started.

Several years later, while working a full time job that has been stressful to put it mildly, I have once again reached that goal I set for myself, and in one week, a series of trades put my account back up to $5000 with this week's gains going slightly over $1000. This time, I am taking some time to reflect on what I have achieved, on what I have sacrificed, but more importantly what I have learned and what my future goals are from where I am now. Where ever I want to go, whatever I want to do, it is just a matter of time, patience, and discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment