Friday 18 October 2013

The Value of Mobility

Just recently, I found myself away from home (and therefore my desktop) for about three weeks out of the last seven. I did have prior knowledge so I have a laptop. This is about the first time in ten years since I have owned a laptop and I must say that considering what it has done for me, along with the proliferation of Starbucks locations (and their free WiFi service). I am not yet the type of trader that can leave my positions running for days without checking and managing them, so the ability to operate when I am not at a desktop computer is invaluable for me. I know, I could still check my phone and call in (I won't talk about the lousy phone app that my broker provides), so instead I'll just say that I am happy with my new mobile solution. There is nothing worse than a missed opportunity, and this should cut down on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment