Thursday 13 September 2012

AUD/USD and AUD/JPY Trade Update - Bulls Win with Announcement of "QE Infinity"

With the announcement of the United States Federal Reserve announcing QE3 (link to bloomberg.com) with a pledge to continue asset purchases until the US economy improves, the USD has lost quite a bit of value in the course of a single trading day. My estimate, looking at my quote sheet is about 1 - 1.5 cents against everything so far.

I have a couple of trades on AUD/USD and AUD/JPY, long on both, prior to the FOMC meeting and press conferences, doing fairly well on average. After the announcement, it was quite a fight but both pairs have put in some impressive highs for the week, and the corrections (thus far) seem to be muted.


I am currently waiting on both of these positions to see if they have the potential to reach my first targets of 1.06 on AUD/USD and 82.00 on AUD/JPY, though I may have to wait to see what the Asian Session brings.

1 comment:

  1. Both deals closed AUD/USD this morning +183 pips on a 50K, and AUD/JPY +79 pips on a 30K. Not as high as I would like on either, and I chased price too quickly on the later, but not a bad close to either of them.

    ReplyDelete